Chicago based image maker, Emily Melissa Walker, joins us for an in-depth conversation about setting expectations.
In part one of this episode, we discuss:
- Learning to spend more time celebrating our wins
- Why consistency is not king when it comes to creativity
- Setting expectations – for photo shoots and beyond
- Being open to the creative experience (are you micromanaging the creativity away?)
- Being human in your marketing
In part two of this episode, we discuss:
- Connecting with your intuition
- Not losing your inner child
- Finding the little joys in life
- Taking risks and questioning authority
- Rocking with your damn self and other photo shoot advice from the photographer herself
Grab a drink and strap in for a wild ride of a conversation. This episode will make you laugh out loud and feel like you’re in the room with us!
Connect with Emily here:
Emily-Melissa is a Chicago based image maker. She is known for her connection-driven, soaked-in-color style and is acclaimed for her ability in beautifully capturing and celebrating every shade.In 2019, she was awarded the Two Bright Lights Editors Choice Award and The Knot’s Best of Weddings for the second year in a row. Her work has been featured on NPR, Essence, Politco, Munaluchi, Black Bride, Chicago Style Magazine, and a host of others.
Miranda Rodriguez is a Marketing Coach who helps you create a marketing plan that you can stick to, holds you accountable as you execute that plan, and reminds you to wash your hair at least once this week. In short, she helps you create a one of a kind marketing plan for a one of a kind business (yours!).